I founded Lakeshore Chess to organize chess tournaments and promote the game in Chicago and abroad. Along with the regular responsibilities, I spearheaded the development of the website, iteratively adding features as the organization grew. Initially only capable of displaying events and accepting registrations & payments (powered by Stripe,) the website can now display tournament pairings and results, and non-developers can contribute to the website using the Strapi admin backend.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Founded the organization and assembled the team.
- Website design & development
- Everything needed for regular operations!
- Players can find and register for upcoming tournaments (powered by Stripe)
- Registered players are shown live on the website, so folks can see their potential opponents
- Tournament pairings & results are also available on the website, which are presented on a live display during our tournaments
- Strapi is used to manage the website backend, allowing non-developers to contribute to the website
- The website is built with Typescript, React, and Next.js